Saturday, February 3, 2007

comfort

In our last few days in SF the thing I am most aware of is how easy and comfortable everything is. For me, being in SF is like being in my own skin - I know the buses, where to go to dinner, where to buy something. Everything feels easy and comfortable. I know what people expect of me, I know the protocols. And I feel like I could get that comfortable in most US cities. And even in most European cities. Or Australia. Or NZ. Canada.

but not India. I wonder if I'll feel this comfortable in Bangalore after a year. I've been in SF since 1989.

Saw Masami Teraoka art at the Catherine Clark gallery today. And bought underwear at Macy's just in case all of bangalore doesn't have big underwears. The second floor is done. 2 more boxes for my sister and the wooden bench.

so 5 boxes in truckee, 3 in SF. 2 pieces of art with dan. one wooden trunk with my sister. I think that's it.

No comments: