Friday, June 1, 2007

driver and lunch

I must be unclear on this 'lunch' concept. Driver picked me up at 10, we did some errands get home about 1 pm. I said ok, I do not need you until 4 pm. He said (I think, sometimes hard to tell), I'll wait here. ok I said, figuring he could do whatever he wanted til 4 pm. At 4 I came out, he is asleep in the car, we go on a few errands, we get to Alliance Francais and I say ok please wait here til 9 pm, he says, ma'am no lunch, I said ok go get something to eat and come back. He says no money.

I end up giving him money - but- I don't get why he didn't go eat lunch betw 1 and 4 - his answer I think when I asked this was no money. but then why didn't he bring a lunch - or does nobody do this here, bring a lunch? Or he could've gone back to the hub of drivers at the Co that hires these taxis and get some food there? or why does he have no money, I mean he does get paid a salary, there is some very cheap food out there.

or was it all just a ploy to get me to give him money? ack I don't know and it feels so awkward. does it matter that he is a taxi driver, but assigned to us, does that matter? I want him to have a lunch break, but don't think I should supply lunch. Is that reasonable?

so hopefully he is out getting something to eat. he has long breaks, I say when I am coming back, I don't care what he does inbetween.



note to blogger people - I've been posting more on livejournal under debbieann, but will try to get back here too. We FINALLY have internet at home which will make everything easier.

2 comments:

Sunita Venkatachalam said...

Yup, he took you for a ride. You didn't have to pay him money. I hope you complained to the company that runs the taxi service.

Blame it on the colour of your skin!

Debbie Ann said...

thank you - good to know!